Thursday, March 11, 2010
Friday, December 25, 2009
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Please note that I am putting the readings for the upcoming services in the right column. You may wish to read these before coming to the service.
Blessings to you!
Friday, May 8, 2009
Beginning October 10, 2009, God-seekers Fellowship will begin gathering on Saturday evenings at 5:00 p.m. We will be meeting at the Columbia Heights Assembly of God Church, 4054 Van Buren St NE.
Affiliation and Doctrine
We are an Assemblies of God Church and subscribe to the Statement of Fundamental Truths of the Assemblies of God. To find out more, you may go to the Assemblies of God website: http://ag.org/top/Beliefs/Statement_of_Fundamental_Truths/sft_short.cfm
Although there is much variety in our Assemblies of God churches and no real "typical A/G church," God-seekers is unique.
- God-seekers will have a different approach to worship. We will be integrating the foundational strength and beauty of ancient Liturgy with the life and expectancy of more contemporary Spirit-filled worship. Although the services will be structured around the Liturgy, we will be very open to the gifts and operations of the Holy Spirit. This union of the liturgical expression and Pentecostal experience of worship has been called: Ancient-future worship, Convergent worship, Blended worship, and most recently, on a local level, Liturgicostal worship.
- God-seekers will hold a more sacramental view of the ordinances of Holy Communion and Water Baptism. Holy Communion will be served weekly.
- God-seekers may be considered a bit more contemplative, meditative and reflective than is often thought of for "typical Pentecostals."
Like to become involved?
We are looking for a few liturgically-minded, Spirit-filled people to help us establish a core group of co-workers who:
- Love God and love people
- would like to be a part of something new for the Kingdom
- are culturally sensitive and community minded
Musicians, Musicians, Musicians
We are looking for musicians who have a heart for and an ability for leading liturgical worship. If you feel you might be interested in serving in this ministry, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Saturday Sanctuary Service
To get a taste of what you might expect at God-seekers Fellowship, we are having monthly services on the 3rd Saturday of each month:
Saturdays: July 18th, August 15th, September 19th
6:00 p.m. (with potluck and fellowship following)
Columbia Heights Assembly of God Church
4054 Van Buren St. NE
Come and introduce yourself!
For more information, email us at: email@example.com